Are you 100% sure?  The patch from kernel 2.4.18 to
2.4.19 has this:

 CFLAGS := $(CPPFLAGS) -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-trigraphs -O2 \
-         -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing
-fno-common
+         -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common
+ifndef CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER
+CFLAGS += -fomit-frame-pointer
+endif