Le Tue, 01 Oct 2002 18:19:26 +0000, Ben Reser a ecrit :

> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 03:05:22AM +0200, Oden Eriksson wrote:
>> Why? Cooker = Devel, not?
>
> Well you're assuming that I don'tt hink it's a good idea to be putting
> pre-releases in cooker.  Which I didn't say but you are correct anyway.
> Without a good reason I don't think we should be putting pre-release
> versions in.  If this was say KDE then I'd think it'd make sense because
> KDE is not trivial to package so we need the extra time to get it right.
> Or if it resolved a bug... but I'm not really seeing anythign wrong with
> 2.41 that 2.50 fixes... and spamassasin is trivial to package.

I have to agree with that..

It is not because cooker is supposed to be "unstable" that we should put
know unstable code, moreover CVS snapshot which are not versioned as
snapshot CVS in their %release (ie with date in YYYYMMDD)..

Yes, SA 2.41 may not be perfect but there was absolutely NO reason to
upgrade to a CVS snapshot for it (all other modifications are ok for
me..)..

It means I will force downgrade to 2.42 when is it released unless Olivier
give me really good arguments for CVS snapshot...

And FYI, I think all "hack*" package should be killed :))

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft