I have authentication with NIS and home directories
with autofs + NFS working just fine (the only problem
is a KDE trying to access /home/lmontel thing that
Laurent has remained silent about).

Neither of the files you attached are helpful, look at
.xsession-errors in the homedir of the user trying to
log in.

--- Sebastien Paolacci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I made a full 9.0 install from a clean system with
> authentification via NIS
> and home directories are mounted from a NFS server.
>
> All seems great (even more than that), but my only
> problem is that I can't
> reach any graphical mode with a non root user. X
> start well (it seems for
> me), but after the blue wallpaper ... nothing (even
> not the KDE
> splashscreen).
>
> The mousse is still ok, everything work, but the
> graphic session will stay
> like this until I kill it.
>
> I use a similar (if not identical) config that the
> which for 8.2 where I
> didn't have this problem.
>
> Does anyone has the same problem, or an idea in
> order to help me to make it
> work ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sebastien
>
> The two attached files are the XFree86.log and the
> list of process running
> when the system "freeze" after launching X server
> and KDE.
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-gzip
name=process.log.gz

> ATTACHMENT part 3 application/x-gzip