One of the things that I'm struggling with is that StackFrameInfo contains both the collected information from walking the stack frames, method id, bci, mirror, version and cpref, and the digested information: interned string for class name, method name, line number and source file name.

If this is to replace stack walking for exceptions, this will more than double the footprint of the information collected but rarely used. I don't understand why the digested information isn't still StackFrameElement?

That's just a high level comment. I haven't read the java code yet for the rationale why this type is used for two different things.

Coleen