From: Masayoshi Okutsu
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 12:17 PM
To: Ramanand Patil; i18n-...@openjdk.java.net
Cc: core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR: 8148446: (tz) Support tzdata2016a

Hi Ramanand,

I noticed that the zones in Yakutsk Time [1] seem to have their own names, such
as "Khandyga Time" for Asia/Khandyga, and you seem to follow that convention
for Asia/Chita. That causes some mismatch between the long names and
abbreviations.

I dag out some past tzdata fixes to see how that happened. What I found out is
that the 2013b fix [2] used "Yakutsk Time", but that the 2013c [3] fix used
"Khandyga Time". 2013b went to JDK 7 updates and earlier ones and 2013c went to
8. JDK 9 inherits the 8 fix.

I prefer to restore the 2013b convention for Asia/Yakutsk, Asia/Chita, and
Asia/Khandyga to have:

     {"Yakutsk Time", "YAKT",
      "Yakutsk Summer Time", "YAKST",
      "Yakutsk Time", "YAKT"}