From: Ramanand Patil
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 10:46 PM
To: core-libs-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: RFR: JDK-8135259: InetAddress.getAllByName only reports "unknown
error" instead of actual cause

Hi all

Please review the fix for bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8135259

Bug Description: Attempts to resolve a host unknown to the DNS server cause an
UnknownHostException stating "unknown error" instead of "Name or service not
known".

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpatil/8135259/webrev.00/

Fix: Using a function call directly "gai_strerror(gai_error)" instead of using
the function pointer which was declared but not initialized. Apart from this I
have removed few other unused variables and function pointers. Brief
description of how this bug was introduced is added to the bug comment.

Regards,

Ramanand.