Thanks, Alan.

On 11/23/18 12:06 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 22/11/2018 19:27, Richard Hillegas wrote:
Can I scribble something in a jar file manifest which will cause "java -jar" to boot with a modulepath rather than a classpath? I do not see any support for a modulepath attribute in the Java 9 jar file documentation at https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/specs/jar/jar.html. My sense is that the -jar option commits the JVM to using a classpath.
There is no support for executable modular JARs at this time. It's part of a bigger topic that is tracked as #MultiModuleExecutableJARs. Some prototypes during JDK 9 but the decision at the time was to defer it to some future effort. So when you run with `java -jar` then it puts the JAR file on the class path (exactly as it did in all previous releases).

-Alan