test/jdk/java/util/Base64/TestEncodingDecodingLength.java is an example of another test using -Xmx8g. Do you want to push the os.maxMemory requirement up to 10g perhaps ? It might avoid border line resource failures. Also I think it might need a "sun.arch.data.model == "64" " requirement :

@requires (sun.arch.data.model == "64" & os.maxMemory >= 10g)

regards,
Sean.