Thanks for the review Max. Comments inline..

On 27/08/2020 14:45, Weijun Wang wrote:
I’m OK with using one warning, but prefer it to a little more formal like
"POSIX file permission and/or symlink attributes detected…”.

One nit in ZipFile.java:

1098                 // only set posix perms value via ZipEntry constructor for
now
1099                 @Override
1100                 public int getExtraAttributes(ZipEntry ze) {

Maybe you can just remove the comment.

Do you also want to rename the “posixPermsDetected" field and loacl variable
“perms” in JarSigner.java?

Good points. Edits made.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8250968.v3/webrev/

I’m not sure about the test but if zipfs is able to keep permissions inside a
zip file then that POSIX byte (or whatever it’s named) is already there and we
can modify it to include more bits.

Looks like it was a conscious design decision to only allow recording of POSIX permission bits for this field (& 0xFFF). I don't see anything about symlink support in zipfs docs.

regards,
Sean.

No other comment.

Thanks,