On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 18:49:07 GMT, Paul Sandoz <psan...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Andrew Haley has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
>> merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 52 commits:
>>
>>  - Merge master
>>  - javadoc
>>  - Feedback from reviewers
>>  - Update src/hotspot/share/classfile/vmSymbols.hpp
>>  - Merge branch 'JDK-8286666' of https://github.com/theRealAph/jdk into
>> JDK-8286666
>>  - Update src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/VirtualThread.java
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>
>>  - Update src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/Thread.java
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: ExE Boss <3889017+exe-b...@users.noreply.github.com>
>>  - Update src/hotspot/cpu/aarch64/aarch64.ad
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: ExE Boss <3889017+exe-b...@users.noreply.github.com>
>>  - Feedback from reviewers
>>  - Remove incorrect assertion.
>>  - ... and 42 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/2afb4c33...30f150e1
>
> src/jdk.incubator.concurrent/share/classes/jdk/incubator/concurrent/ScopedValue.java
>  line 209:
>
>> 207:         final int bitmask;
>> 208:
>> 209:         private static final Object NIL = new Object();
>
> Suggestion:
>
>         static final Object NO_VALUE = new Object();

It not very important, but I'm going to push back (very gently) on this one.
"nil: noun. nothing; naught; zero. adjective. having no value or existence."
That is the exact literal meaning of this sentinel. Also, "nil" has been used
with this meaning in programming languages for 60 years. What is your objection
to it here?