On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 23:51:19 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jonathan Gibbons has updated the pull request with a new target base due to
>> a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
>> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains five additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Change ietf.org URLs to use rfc-editor.org
>>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into 8296546.add-spec-tags
>>  - Remove updates from unexported files
>>  - Prefix RFC titles with `RFC NNNN:`
>>  - JDK-8296547: Add @spec tags to API
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/Character.java line 172:
>
>> 170:  * occur. For example, in a future release, synchronization may fail.
>> 171:  *
>> 172:  * @spec https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr27 Unicode 3.1.0
>
> This should probably be removed, as the original link (explaining `U+n`
> notation) is broken.

@naotoj The edits are driven by a script, using info about existing links in
the same doc comment. If you don't think this reference is appropriate, it
would be better to either remove the existing link (and I'll regenerate this
patch) or else this patch goes through and you fix up both the existing link
and the `@spec` tag afterwards.