On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 20:39:03 GMT, Rajan Halade <rhal...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Multiple "run" in a single test fails the whole test when one test run fails
>> and all subsequent test run get terminated. Multiple tests with only one
>> "run" each allows all test run to be excused, and they can be run in
>> parallel.
>
> I have not seen this used in any other tests. It is a good learning, I didn't
> knew that multiple tests in single file are run in parallel. It seems like
> good option. Do you know of any other regression test written this way?

I didn't know that until Leonid posted this
[comment](https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/9813#discussion_r942908285) in
one of my PRs. We do have a lot of tests written in this way and each test run
will be given a unique id after the file name. For example, ExtDirs.java has
two test run, and they will be named as ExtDirs.java#id0 and ExtDirs.java#id1.
We can search "name:*.java#id*" in a Core Lib Mach5 run, it will show thousands
of results.