On Mon, 17 Apr 2023 15:48:53 GMT, Joe Darcy <da...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Doug Simon has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   [skip ci] formatting fixes
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/vm/VMSupport.java line 419:
>
>> 417:      * @param <X> type of the object representing a decoded error
>> 418:      */
>> 419:     public interface AnnotationDecoder<T, A, E, X> {
>
> I think it would be better to include some bound on the type parameters to
> better capture their intention
> A extends java.lang.Annotatoin
> E extends java.lang.Enum
> etc.

These types are *alternatives* to `java.lang.Annotation`, `java.lang.Enum` etc.
That's the primary motivation for this PR, i.e. to be able to represent
annotations without having to reify them as `java.lang.Annotation` objects.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/12810#discussion_r1169232602