On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 18:24:49 GMT, fabioromano1 <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The method `MutableBigInteger.divWord(long, int)` can use the algorithm of
>> Hacker's Delight (2nd ed), section 9.3, the same used in
>> `Long.divideUnsigned(long, long)` and `Long.remainderUnsigned(long, long)`,
>> to get the computation faster.
>
> fabioromano1 has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Removed trailing whitespaces

As you note, that would probably require two divisions. I don't know if the JIT
compiler can detect that the arguments are the same and emit just one division
instead.
I think your code is good enough for the purpose of [Mutable]BigInteger, and
better than the current one.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17291#issuecomment-1904538746