On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:21:13 GMT, Chad Rakoczy <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> What is the issue with this? Is there a different way to set a timeout? The
> test tests that format does not take a long time to run so I would like to
> have a timeout

Hard-coded timeout in a test are generally considered harmful as the test suite
is run on a wide variety of systems, a single value could be too large for fast
systems and too small for slow ones. The jtreg harness has an overall
`-timeout:N` factor which can scale up or down all the timeouts of individual
tests. I don't know offhand if there is an existing idiom to do this with junit
tests from within jtreg.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18033#discussion_r1504897104