On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:05:50 GMT, Nizar Benalla <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/java/nio/channels/Channels.java line 2:
>>
>>> 1: /*
>>> 2:  * Copyright (c) 2000, 2023, 2024, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All
>>> rights reserved.
>>
>> Thanks for updating, but needs a little adjustment.
>>
>> Rather than adding a third year, the format should be: "original year,
>> current year, Oracle ..."
>> So in this case ->  `2000, 2024,`
>
> Thanks for the explanation, I have fixed it.
> I have a couple other similar PRs, is the policy to update the copyright year
> every time a file is changed? whether it's an addition or removal of code?

Yes, you should update the copyright year to the current year if you make a
change to the file, regardless if the change itself is "significant" or not.

Note that there are two formats: `Year1, Year2, Oracle` and `Year, Oracle`. The
latter would be used if say you added a new file in 2024.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18032#discussion_r1530792055