On Tue, 16 Apr 2024 10:20:23 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think this is way too ad hoc and looks like lefts over from a debugging
> session. So I don't think it should be integrated without stepping back and
> thinking more about what this tracing option is intended for.

Currently there seem to be two (with the unused registry stuff 3, if it is
still valid ?) approaches to find the 'JRE'  location  (should this better be
named image location?)  -  using the launcher exe location  and using the
location of the libjli shared lib.
Unfortunately those approaches are not well supported by JLI-traces , this is
what the change is about.
We could probably adjust/reduce the added tracing code but I would like to know
a bit more about the concerns raised.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18699#issuecomment-2059252352