On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:46:59 GMT, Adam Sotona <asot...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Current implementation of `LambdaMetafactory` does not allow to use lambdas
> in hidden classes. Invocation throws `NoClassDefFoundError` instead.
>
> This patch includes lambda implementation in a hidden class under the special
> handling of `useImplMethodHandle`.
> The patch also fixes `j/l/i/defineHiddenClass/BasicTest::testLambda` to
> correctly cover this test case.
>
> Please review.
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

Do we also need to check if the parameters or return type are hidden classes? I
suppose if we compile a direct bytecode reference to the target method, all of
them need to be referenceable from bytecode, not just the holder.

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18810#pullrequestreview-2005733945