Presently, I'm implementing operations for a WASM emulator/runtime, so it's
more a case of transitively acquiring use cases from WASM, though I'm also
doing this specifically to practice accomplishing useful things with the
vector API.

Regarding saturating arithmetic: WASM has operations for that as well (both
signed and unsigned), so on that basis alone it would be a welcome addition
as far as I'm concerned. FWIW, another simple use case for saturating
arithmetic is audio processing/mixing (when processing many channels at
once) because saturation closely matches analog clipping, and also perhaps
image compositing for similar reasons.

--
- DML • he/him