On Wed, 1 May 2024 17:21:20 GMT, Naoto Sato <na...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> A new method on Instant to return the duration `until` another Instant is
>> suggested per the following discussion thread:
>>
>> https://mail.openjdk.org/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2024-April/122131.html
>>
>> A CSR has also been drafted.
>
> Naoto Sato has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Addressing CSR reviews

@kluever Your comment isn't visible yet, there's a checkbox to accept OpenJDK
terms.
It would be good to know what you've commented.

My reservation about `minus(Instant)` is that all of the current `minus(...)`
methods return an `Instant` as do the `plus(...)` methods.
Adding a `minus` method that returns `Duration` adds a bit of fuzziness to the
plus and minus method uses.
A similar concern could be raised about adding `Duration until(Instant)` as
there is already a `until(Temporarl, TemporalUnit)` method. But there is
smaller opportunity to mix them up.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19007#issuecomment-2090693079