On Tue, 7 May 2024 19:46:18 GMT, Pavel Rappo <pra...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this PR which introduces the `java.io.IO` top-level class and
>> three methods to `java.io.Console` for [Implicitly Declared Classes and
>> Instance Main Methods (Third Preview)].
>>
>> This PR has been obtained as `git merge --squash` of a now obsolete [draft
>> PR].
>>
>> [Implicitly Declared Classes and Instance Main Methods (Third Preview)]:
>> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8323335
>> [draft PR]: https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/18921
>
> Pavel Rappo has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Strengthen tests after 8330998
>
>   https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/18996 now allows us to test
>   Console IO better.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/io/Console.java line 194:

> 192:      *         A prompt string.
> 193:      *
> 194:      * @throws IOError

I'm guessing this specifies `IOError` instead of `IOException` so that the
caller doesn't have to handle a checked exception? If so, would it be better to
throw an `java.io.UncheckedIOException`, to avoid throwing `Error`s?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19112#discussion_r1593414616