On Thu, 16 May 2024 11:47:13 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/classes/sun/launcher/resources/launcher.properties line
>> 72:
>>
>>> 70: \                  by code in modules for which native access is not
>>> explicitly enabled.\n\
>>> 71: \                  <value> is one of "deny", "warn" or "allow".\n\
>>> 72: \                  This option will be removed in a future release.\n\
>>
>> Should this specify the current default value for this option if it isn't
>> set?
>
> We already do, see
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/19213/files/1c45e5d56c429205ab8185481bc1044a86ab3bc6#diff-d05029afe6aed86f860a10901114402f1f6af4fe1e4b46d883141ab1d2a527b8R582

This is slightly different from what we do in the other PR for unsafe memory
access where we specify the default in the launcher's help text too
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/19174/files#diff-799093930b698e97b23ead98c6496261af1e2e33ec7aa9261584870cbee8a5eaR219.

I don't have a strong opinion on this, I think either one is fine.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19213#discussion_r1603205279