On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 3:40 PM, taii...@gmx.com <taii...@gmx.com> wrote:

> Like I have said before these types of policies are eventually going to
> result in coreboot only having unobtainable development boards in the
> tree (that are of course not owner controlled)
>
> It simply isn't right.

Indeed, this isn't right (as in correct) so don't spread this FUD. The
boards are still in the tree, you just need to check out whatever coreboot
version is known to actually work with the board. For example if a board
was last reported working in coreboot-4.6, then `git checkout 4.6` or
checkout a specific hash reported on the board_status repo.

It does no good for users to have hundreds of boards in master that fail to
boot, and no good for developers who need to maintain and refactor code for
boards that nobody tests and have been abandoned.

There's obviously a few people on this list using the Asus boards mentioned
which is great. The issue we need to solve is getting more people to submit
test results so that this isn't a problem in the future.