On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 6:42 AM Antony AbeePrakash X V
<antonyabee.prakas...@lnttechservices.com> wrote:

> Hi Aron,
>

> I have tried giving iomem=relaxed to the kernel command line. But still I am
> getting the same error.
>

> This time I tried with verbose option and the output is below
>
> $ ./cbmem -V -t
>

> Looking for coreboot table at 0 1048576 bytes.
>
> Mapping 1MB of physical memory at 0x0 (requested 0x0).
>
> Unmapping 1MB of virtual memory at 0x7fd372347000.
>
> Looking for coreboot table at f0000 1048576 bytes.
>
> Mapping 1MB of physical memory at 0xf0000 (requested 0xf0000).
>
>   ... failed.  Mapping 1052671B of physical memory at 0xef000.
>
> Failed to mmap /dev/mem: Operation not permitted
>

> Also could you please tell any method to measure the boot time ? Currently we
> are measuring with the help of stop watch which may not accurate.

cbmem -t will provide it. What do you see in 'dmesg' ? Also, what do
the e820 entries show? They should match below.

 0. 0000000000000000-0000000000000fff: CONFIGURATION TABLES
 1. 0000000000001000-000000000009ffff: RAM
 2. 00000000000a0000-00000000000fffff: RESERVED
 3. 0000000000100000-000000000fffffff: RAM
 4. 0000000010000000-0000000012150fff: RESERVED
 5. 0000000012151000-000000007a92cfff: RAM
 6. 000000007a92d000-000000007affffff: CONFIGURATION TABLES
 7. 000000007b000000-000000007fffffff: RESERVED
 8. 00000000d0000000-00000000ffffffff: RESERVED

How old of a cbmem utility are you using? don't understand where the
1MiB mappings are coming from.