coreboot org wrote:
> It looks like the push to require linux to use EFI is coming from the
> Universal Scalable Firmware project.
> [https://github.com/UniversalScalableFirmware/linuxpayload]

Thanks for the link! I didn't know about USF and found a good project
overview linked from https://github.com/UniversalScalableFirmware :

https://github.com/UniversalScalableFirmware/Introduction/blob/main/USF_Overview.pdf

The last page has a good diagram of the USF vision showing coreboot
positioned next to tianocore, slimboot and U-Boot while also showing
that these are all rather small pieces and, crucially, that Intel will
of course not accept anything but theirs as the overarching concept -
one where ACPI, binary configuration through YAML (funny oxymoron!)
and FSP are key features, with benefits such as minimized need for
source code manipulation.

To me, this is sadly as unsurprising as it is disgusting.

> It might be good if coreboot contributors helped drive those decisions.

That seems a fool's errand to me, but power to you if you try.

Kind regards

//Peter