On November 25, 2021 4:43:35 PM UTC, Patrick Georgi via coreboot
<coreboot@coreboot.org> wrote:
>On 25.11.21 17:04, Mike Banon <mikeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>These users didn't contribute fixes to their boards (or even just feedback
>that things needs to be done and testing when others provide patches) - are
>they even contributors?
>
>It's easy to argue in favor of "lots of users" (or contributors if you want),
>but if they're all but invisible, do they even exist?

I'm one of that invisible contributors. In my opinion coreboot is more
developer friendly than user friendly. For me not since I get use to coreboot
builds at some point in time. But in general coreboot is hard to get your hands
on at first.

And board depreciation is not a good idea. I understand that they can be
brought back at some point. But lets be realistic that this need some developer
time and testing. And in capitalistic world that means money to support old
boards.

I just hope I am wrong...