I was sure I'd looked at  this at one point and found this from years ago ...

"The discussion evolved to a related question, around #pragma once. A
few years back, on the Akaros project (kernel written in C, FWIW), a
Linux kernel luminary convinced us to get rid of file guards and go to
#pragma once. I am not sure it was worth the trouble but we did it. It
*can* speed up compile time; cpp doesn't need to process a whole file
and then conclude it did not have to process it; it can realize it can
skip the open. A significant downside is that it's not in any standard
-- just all the compilers out there, it seems, save romcc.

I did a simple test: apply #pragma once to coreboot. A coreboot build
for watson opens 80K .h files today. #pragma once makes barely any
difference; this says we are doing a good job in how we use our .h
files."

Anyway, all this said, #pragma once seems a good idea.