https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/121#change-1823

* Author: Firstname Lastname
* Category: chipset configuration
* Start date: 2017-06-09
* Affected hardware: SNB, IVY
* Affected OS: -
I have been running coreboot since 2017.04.15 and have experienced hangs ever
since then. It was suggested by folk on the IRC that I run memtest to check for
incorrect raminit causing errors, however I have run memtest for 12 hours
straight with no errors.

Due to the ambiguous nature of the hangs (immediate freeze with no warning
signs, audio gets stuck repeating the last 50ms or so of noise, not sure what
this effect is called) I don't have much useful information other than the
.config and dmesg. However one thing I can say with high confidence is that the
hangs occur significantly more frequently in Linux (*buntu distros) than
Windows 10. Within an hour of launching Linux a hang is likely, whereas Windows
typically runs for many hours before a hang occurs. I considered this an
insignificant anecdotal anomaly at first but over the course of the nearly 2
months I have been running coreboot it seems to be a solid trend. The hangs
occur anywhere, typically during mere desktop usage or basic web browsing.

Additionally there is another form of hang I experience where the screen goes
black except for some sort of graphical corruption down the left side
(http://i.imgur.com/4zWrlpX.jpg), whether this is related to the more common
total freeze hangs I don't know but I figured I should include it nonetheless.
These hangs only occur about 1:20 compared to the regular hangs.

config (20.7 KB)
dmesg.txt (57.3 KB)
cbmem-raminit.txt (62 KB)
lspci.txt (29.6 KB)
cpuinfo.txt (3.94 KB)
defconfig (1023 Bytes)
defconfig (699 Bytes)

--
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.