Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to inform you that we will be hosting the "Shared Task:
Low-Resource Indic Language Translation" again this year as part of WMT
2024. Following the outstanding success and enthusiastic participation
witnessed in the previous year's edition, we are excited to continue this
important initiative. Despite recent advancements in machine translation
(MT), such as multilingual translation and transfer learning techniques,
the scarcity of parallel data remains a significant challenge, particularly
for low-resource languages.

The WMT 2024 Indic Machine Translation Shared Task aims to address this
challenge by focusing on low-resource Indic languages from diverse language
families. Specifically, we are targeting languages such as Assamese, Mizo,
Khasi, Manipuri, Nyishi, Bodo, Mising, and Kokborok.

For inquiries and further information, please contact us at
lrilt.wm...@gmail.com. Additionally, you can find more details and updates
on the task through the following link: Task Link:
https://www2.statmt.org/wmt24/indic-mt-task.html.

We highly encourage participants to register in advance so that we can
provide updates regarding release dates of data and other relevant
information periodically

To register for the event, please fill out the registration form available
here.  (
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd8LwriqdLLhVNAvUWEcGRJmKuBFQZ9BR_TKpb6VYZEnyGU0g/viewform?pli=1
)

We look forward to your participation and contributions to advancing
low-resource Indic language translation.

with best regards,
Santanu