All filesystems - all filesystems on my system (ext2fs, ext3 and xfs compiled as modules just in case...)

I can't write C, I tried to correct it by commenting out the sections complaining about "mail system full", the effect was that courier accepted the message, created file in my Maildir, put in the To and From headers but NO BODY... the message was just empty.

I hope for a quick fix as I need to change to 2.6 very soon...

Jan Schermer

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Jan Schermer wrote:

Whenever I try to send/relay mail, smtp says "431 mail system full". The problem is (I suspect) in the free inode reporting in linux-2.6

on 2.6, Inode count is 0, IUsed is 0, IFree is 0 on all filesystems.

By "All filesystems" do you mean all of your own file systems, or all file system types? I know that recent ReiserFS behaves this way, but I don't believe that any other FS does.

In either case, I believe it's a bug in Courier. The man page for statfs says:

Fields that are undefined for a particular file system are set to 0.

This has been brought up before, but is probably still a problem. The correct fix, I believe, would be to only check f_ffree and f_bfree if f_files and f_blocks (respectively) are not 0.