-Caveat Lector-
In a message dated 2/26/2004 6:50:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

After spending only four months in  the country of Vietnam, John Kerry testified before  Congress in 1971 with these exact words about  incidents he supposedly witnessed or heard about  from other vets: "They personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable  telephones to human genitals and turned up the  power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot  at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs  for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged  the countryside of South Vietnam."

I was a green beret officer who volunteered for duty  in Vietnam and fought in the thick of it in 1968 and  1969 on a Special Forces A-team on the Ho Chi Minh  Trail, just for starters. We were the elite. We saw  the most action. Everybody in the world knows that.
But we did not just kill people, we built a church,  a school, treated illnesses, passed out soap, food,  and clothing, and had fun and loving interaction  with the indigenous people of Vietnam, just like our  boys did in Normandy, Baghdad, Saigon, and  everywhere American soldiers ever served. We all  gave away our candy bars and rations to kids. Our  hearts to oppressed people all over the globe.

We all know that soldiers come in more than one category.  Before they were soldiers they were the men we have seen and met in our own neighborhoods.  Some do good, and some do horrible things.  From some of the things we have learned, it appears that the commanders are where the military is lacking.  A good commander keeps his troops in line and forces them to be the kind of representatives our country needs.  Apparently it is our officer corps that is the problem.  Prudy

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.