-Caveat Lector-
In a message dated 8/2/2004 1:40:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

It used to be that when an investigative reporter âuncoveredâ an obvious scandal or âsell-outâ of the public trust by elected officials or other government agencies sworn to âserve and protectâ, it would be front-page-newsâ Pulitzer Prize Winning materialâ not so apparently anymore!  When I approached a local reporter his quote was, âpolitical hot potatoâ and he ran the other wayâ

Whereâs the integrity of the press?

I've wondered about all that too.  When George Seldes died (he wrote "Tell the Truth and Run") C-SPAN, that last bastion of media responsibility, did not mention one word about him.  I don't think that was an accident.  I don't think that even Brian Lamb wants to have anything to do with real investigative reporting.  It appears that the press has joined the other maggots in decimating the carcass that is all that is left of the "public's right to know."  Prudy
www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substanceânot soap-boxingâplease! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'âwith its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright fraudsâis used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.