On Wed, 22 Mar 2023, Darshan Sen via curl-library wrote:

I don't know if there are any other ways of bundling libcurl and its
dependencies along with the binding other than the 2 options I mentioned.
If there aren't, I was wondering which one of the two - fully static
library / fully relocatable dynamic library would be the most sensible
approach here.

In practical terms there's very little difference.

Building *anything* static is a pain and you'll probably have to work a lot more to get that going than going with simplicity and building a shared version.

A pain I say, because curl's build scripts cannot properly figure out the entire chain of depenencies so you are going to have to provide that set manually.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se