> Surely you can put a text file in
> your Android file system and tell your application's libcurl to use that
file
> as a CA cert?

But I don't know beforehand the name of that file, since the user could use
different proxies (it's not always a certificate for Charles). Although I
guess as a workaround I could educate the user to load their CA cert file
in the Download directory with a specific name. I tested this by setting
CURLOPT_CAINFO, but I got this error:

"error setting certificate verify locations:  CAfile:
/storage/emulated/0/Download/924c6f19.0 CApath:
/system/etc/security/cacerts"

Then I tried just setting the CURLOPT_CAPATH option to the Download
directory and got this permission error:

"BoringSSL: error:0200000d:system library:OPENSSL_internal:Permission
denied"

Does this mean that the Download directory on Android doesn't have the
permissions required for OpenSSL to read the certificates?
drwxrws--- 4 u0_a147  media_rw 4096 2023-04-11 17:34 Download

What permissions does OpenSSL need to read the certificates?