On Mon, 28 Aug 2023, Stefan Eissing via curl-library wrote:

CURL **handles = curl_multi_get_handles(multi);

The tricky part is to handle iterations when easy handles are removed and freed during the iteration. If we save pointers, this can become tedious.

Right, but it has the nice property that it is a fixed snapshot in time. When you iterate over this list and remove handles or even add new handles to the multi, this list is already created and remains unmodified.

Almost all other iterating APIs will be harder to document and possibly to use, when you remove and add handles while traversing the handles.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se