On 01/11/2015 04:47 AM, Unknown Crewman wrote:
any idea how to check recursively, if the owner and group of a directory and
it's content differs to an directory and it's content from a backup?
I made a mistake and it's unlikely that owner and group of any file or
directory changed, but it's not impossible, so I want to compare everything
with a backup directory.
diff/find?

One idea would be a shell one-liner pipeline using find, sort, xargs, stat, and/or cut, run once for each tree, put the output into text files, and then diff the text files. Here's an StackExchange thread that discusses sorting in the face of filenames containing spaces:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/34325/sorting-the-output-of-find

Another option is Perl. Here is a Perl script I wrote to compare mtime and size of files in two trees. You could hack it up to check uid and gid for directories and files:

dirdiff.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dirdiff/dirdiff/dirdiff.pl

HTH,

David