Hi Yash,
Logically, there should ideally be a device in bus/app on mobile where the
conductor/driver manually selects the Trip Id and indicates it is started.
In reality, I have not seen this implemented in any Indian RT-GTFS feeds.
As a result, GPS locations almost never match the trip paths. I have seen
situations where the morning TRIP_ID is carried through entire day with the
bus moving in entire city.
If you find a workable solution and implement the feed, please let me know.
A clean RT-GTFS dataset would be goldmine of information.