* Roger Shimizu <rogershim...@gmail.com> [2016-02-23 02:04]:
> Actually, having multiply console is more than shell console, as d-i
> for PC, there're a few console for log output.
> I think it's also benefit for embedded world if we can see the log
> output while installing.

Sure, but with network-console you can easily achieve this by SSH to
d-i, open a shell, and typing "tail -f /var/log/syslog".

> And I have no idea what's netboot for. Maybe it's like the old
> business card CD image?

netboot = install via network, do installation via serial console or tty
network-console = based on netboot; install via network, do installation via SSH

> > On the other hand, it's not clear how d-i can be started within
> > screen/tmux, but maybe you know.
>
> I think just let ssh start screen/tmux as shell, then screen/tmux can
> start normal d-i in the 1st console.
> I also have no idea where to start to change, just need some time to
> be familiar with so much projects in d-i.

You could start by making a local udeb of tmux/screen.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/