Here's an explanation of this problem.  I'll send another email with
instructions for users.

By default, the kernel is loaded to 0x0400000 and the ramdisk exactly
2 MB behind that location.  For some reason, it fails with stretch.
However, changing the load address to 0x0500000 or 0x0600000 makes it
work.  I don't think it's clear why since the ramdisk is still loaded
exactly 2 MB after the kernel.

The load address is in two u-boot configs: loadAddr and bootcmd.  We
adjust them to 0x0600000.  This is something the user has to do
manually.  I couldn't find a way to workaround the problem by changing
the installer or flash-kernel.

At the moment, debian-installer and mv2120-recovery-image use
0x01000000 as the load address.  This means the combined
kernel+ramdisk can only be 10 MB.  Let's change 0x01000000 to
0x01600000 to allow for a larger ramdisk.  Note that flash-kernel
already uses 0x01600000

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/