Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> (2024-03-21):
> I'm a bit conflicted about what to do here. At the moment, libaio1-udeb
> is the only udeb with t64 (at least according to the output of
> `apt-file search -Iudeb t64`); but a rebuild of the reverse dependencies
> would be sufficient (and might happen at some point anyway).
>
> For the sake of consistency, I think I'm tempted to suggest a revert of
> the udeb part (it wasn't renamed so there's a contents vs. package name
> mismatch anyway).

Checking libaio's changelog (last mail got sent a little too fast,
sorry) is enlightening: this library required special attention and
wasn't just about getting rebuilt with a different package name.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1509816/accepted-libaio-03113-6-source-into-unstable/

Guillem is absolutely right regarding avoiding the roundtrip to NEW and
d-i's not caring, but some kind of heads-up to debian-boot@ (now cc'd)
would have been welcome.

It'd be nice if the Debian LVM Team (hello waldi) could pick it up from
here and see whether requesting a binNMU is what makes most sense here,
or if there other plans on the t64 front. A local, cowbuilder-powered
rebuild of unstable's lvm2 results in udebs referencing libaio.so.1t64
as expected (i.e. libaio1t64's shlibs).

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>