Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> (2024-04-26):
> Anyway, I wanted to see if suggesting (I wouldn't go as far as requesting
> because I'm really not sure this would be the right course of action, more
> details below) a new binNMU of coreutils within testing would be
> sufficient to make trixie debootstrap-able again, I built a modified
> repository, and try debootstrap against it, only to find more problems:
>  - util-linux binaries (e.g. fdisk) depend on libreadline8, which is gone.
>  - iproute2 depends on libtirpc3, which is gone.
>
> I guess the reason is similar, the former I tracked down to the same block
> of hints as before:
>
>     # 2024-04-23; done 2024-04-25
>     # help some t64 packages migrate
>     […]
>     force-hint readline/8.2-4
>
> The latter I tracked down to thisone:
>
>     # 2024-04-23; done 2024-04-26
>     # get t64 unstuck
>     urgent libtirpc/1.3.4+ds-1.3
>     force-hint libtirpc/1.3.4+ds-1.3
>
> Again, I have absolutely no clue regarding the best course of action at
> this point. I can't even perform clean builds to check what a binNMU in
> testing would look like, as I can't debootstrap a clean environment (and
> therefore only tested rebuilds in an existing, devel-oriented, unclean
> trixie chroot).

Looks like I forgot to mention the final results: with the modified
repository stuffed with (unclean) rebuilds of coreutils, iproute2, and
util-linux, I'm able to debootstrap trixie again.

(I've hacked a repository together from scratch, based on the failed
debootstrap's apt cache, adding rebuilt packages, and injecting new
dependencies manually; I could redo that cleanly by forking trixie's
current Packages instead, but I'm not sure it's really worth the
efforts, esp. given rebuilt packages are “tainted” anyway.)

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>