Package: debootstrap
Version: 1.0.128+nmu2+deb12u1
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

it would be nice to allow specifying RFC822-style apt sources from local
files, both as a main mirror and as additional package sources.

For example, I have a local mirror that uses a different signing key
(because I import packages from Debian, and add a few of my own), and
I'd like to debootstrap using

    debootstrap bookworm /tmp/bookworm my-mirror.sources

which would provide both the URL and the signing key to verify.

In the same vein, I have a few extra packages that use regular Debian as
a base, but have additional build dependencies that are also only in my
repository, for those I'd like to use something like

    debootstrap --othermirror my-packages.sources bookworm /tmp/bookworm

And, last but not least, I sometimes need to combine these. In either
case, the signing key for that source is provided inline in the .sources
file.

   Simon

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 12.5
  APT prefers stable-security
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-security'), (500, 'proposed-updates'), (500,
'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-21-amd64 (SMP w/20 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8),
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages debootstrap depends on:
ii  wget  1.21.3-1+b2

Versions of packages debootstrap recommends:
ii  arch-test               0.20-1
ii  debian-archive-keyring  2023.3+deb12u1
ii  gnupg                   2.2.40-1.1

Versions of packages debootstrap suggests:
ii  binutils                2.40-2
pn  squid-deb-proxy-client  <none>
pn  ubuntu-archive-keyring  <none>
ii  xz-utils                5.4.1-0.2
ii  zstd                    1.5.4+dfsg2-5

-- no debconf information