12.09.2000 pisze Torsten Landschoff ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> Don't change that. Beginners would be very confused if the keytable
> is not working as expected. Not everybody can work with a US keyboard
> table if the need arises.

> Debian should try to get more user friendly instead of getting uglier
> I think.

Setting keymap _before_ /usr is mounted is an interesting approach to
the system boot schema design, because include statements are in most
keymap files (what can result in broken keymap).

Keyboard mapping should be set up early, but _after_ /usr partition is
mounted.

best regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

     ``I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent.''
     -- Ashleigh Brilliant