[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>MAPLE=/usr/local/maple
>export MAPLE
>[...]
># This variable tells Maple's Motif interface where to find its resource
># files. This should be set even if TTY Maple is being run, as the user
># might still open a Motif plot window.
>XAPPLRESDIR=$MAPLE/X11_defaults
>export XAPPLRESDIR

Same thing here (same version, I suspect), only it doesn't work.

I have no idea where Maple gets the /usr/X386 path from.  It's not
in the Maple binary itself (or if it is, then 'grep -l X386' can't find
it), it's not in the 'maple' start script, it's not in the environment
(checked via 'printenv | grep X386').

Hmm... I just found that particular string in libX11.so.3.1.0 and in
libXt.so.3.1.0, under /usr/X11R5/lib.  Strace verivies that they
are indeed used, so that's probably where that path comes from.  The
vendor is not to blame.

So, it appears to be a problem with the xcompat package, not with
motifnls.  (And yes, Maple is an a.out binary).  Somebody please
reassign this bug report, please :-)
--
Thomas Koenig, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double