> Package: ldso
> Version: 1.7.14-4
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /lib>file ld.so*
> ld.so:        Linux/i386 demand-paged executable (QMAGIC), stripped
> ld.so.1.7.14: Linux/i386 demand-paged executable (QMAGIC), stripped
>
> Looks like ld.so is still a.out. This is very annoying, because it means
> that the a.out kernel module is most always loaded:

Of course, ld.so isn't used by ELF programs to load shared libraries,
ld-linux.so.1 is.  ls.so is used only by a.out programs, so offhand, I
don't see a problem with it being a.out.  In fact, it might not work if
it was ELF (I'm not sure of that lastpart)

bash$ file ld*
ld-linux.so.1:      ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1
ld-linux.so.1.7.14: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1

--
     Buddha Buck                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our