Firstly, this isn't really the right place to ask this kind of
question as this list is for maintainers of packages for the Debian
distributions.

Tar said, I am not sure that what you want to do is possible with
Telnet as the telnet protocol is content-free.  That is to say that it
has no knowledge of when the user is sending a password and when the
user is sending some other type of data.  As far as Telnet is
concerned, the connection between the client and server is a simple
bi-directional stream.  (I know this isn't entirely true, but close
enough in this case.)  You probably need to write a new daemon to go
with your client.

Good luck.