On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 10:09:00AM -0600, Ming Hua wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 06:28:05AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:

> >  * Rename and rebuild the libraries listed below. The new suffix for
> >    these packages should be in any case "c2a" (instead of "c2"). No
> >    new suffix is needed when the soname changes in a new upstream
> >    upload.

> I noticed that atlas-cpp with renamed library packages has been
> uploaded, and it renames the binary packages as follows:
>     libatlas-cpp-0.6-0 => libatlas-cpp-0.6-0c2
>     libatlas-cpp-0.6-0-dbg => libatlas-cpp-0.6-0c2-dbg

> I have two questions for this:

> 1. Should -dbg packages be renamed or not?

I don't see any reason to rename the -dbg packages, generally.

> 2. Shouldn't the suffix be c2a in this case?

Yes, it should.  If the package was being renamed because of an soname
change, then there'd be no need for the c2a; but since the package is being
renamed *only* because of the C++ ABI change, being consistent is important
because there way be other packages in the wild named libatlas-cpp-0.6-0c2
which *aren't* using the final mt allocator ABI.

Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   http://www.debian.org/