On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 03:57:35AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Steve Langasek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > The principle is the same: /lib is used only for the minimal system required
> > for booting, and everything else should go in /usr/lib.  /run should be used
> > only for junk that needs to be stored early in the boot sequence, and
> > everything else should go in /var/run.

> Under Linux, can't all of this be done with mount --move anyway? I'm not
> convinced that we actually need a /run any more.

So you would have these files stored in /var/run from the beginning, and use
mount --move to shuffle them around if /var is a separate mount point?  I'm
pretty sure --move is a 2.6-only feature, too, and we haven't yet gotten rid
of 2.4 for etch; and is there an equivalent solution for non-Linux ports?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   http://www.debian.org/