On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 01:11:32PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> (Of course, nvi isn't exactly vi either, but it's a lot closer.)
>
> This isn't really new information.  I guess I'm just speaking up to
> represent those people who do indeed care about tighter compatibility to
> the original vi than vim offers.  I won't lose lots of sleep if I lose
> this argument.  :)

One of Vim's "selling points" is that it can be made "100% vi-compatible" [1],
so I assume any incompatibilities with vi are considered bugs.  I've never
used old vi, so I don't know the accuracy of the claim, but everything listed
so far are things that :set compatible "fixes".  (Except maybe the display of
"cw"--I'm not sure if nvi or vim's display is how vi did it.)

[1] http://www.vim.org/viusers.php

--
Glenn Maynard