Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Please just add the recommended --host and --build makefile snippet and
> feed that to configure in *all* packages.  It is better in the long run,
> and for many packages that is enough to have it cross-compile correctly.

Okay, will do.

This would be a great lintian check, although tricky to write because
people pass makefile variables and the like to configure.  A good first
pass might be to just assume everything is fine if there's some makefile
variable on the configure invocation line.  (That check may also lose if
the package has a script that the user runs called configure but the
script isn't an Autoconf script, but I'm not sure if that happens for any
of our packages.)

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>